Saturday, March 14, 2015

Saturday, March 14, 2015

Psalm 40, 54
Deuteronomy 10: 12-22
Hebrews 4: 11-16
John 3: 22-36

Today’s reading from Romans 6: 12-23 reminds me that God gives the gift of free will to everyone. We may freely choose to live by our own desires or to follow Christ. Even if we choose to live by God’s laws, not all days are filled with sunshine and roses. However, peace within is present regardless of circumstances when I look to Jesus. This has reinforced my choice to continue to look for God’s guidance and maintain that quiet confidence within my heart. It is this partnership with the Creator that I appreciate.

“Take Up Your Life and Walk” by China Galland expresses this beautifully:

into flowering, into fragrance, fruit and song,

into the wild winds dancing, sun shimmering

but that comes back to life, time and time again,

Eleanor Sheldon