Thursday, March 28, 2013

MAUNDY THURSDAY

Thursday, March 28
Jeremiah 20:7-11
Psalms 102, 142, 143
1 Corinthians 10:14-17, 11:27-32
John 17
I Write About a Missionary …

Tonight, I write about a missionary

She, who kept watch over my lost heart,

She, who kept watch over my life,

And restored my hope

She, who gave me prayer that gave me wings strong as an angel’s

She, who gave me school to learn my alphabet and to write with my hands

She, who gave me a prime education,

The key to my success

She, who gave me my first pen and paper,

The two things I love the most

I praise God, He who gave me the missionaries

I am what I am

In parts, in all seasons

A blessed witness of miracles

A witness of answered prayers

Putting life on paper carefully

Preserving the obvious history these eyes have seen

I am a believer

I am a man of hope

A sinner saved by grace

I love because strangers have loved me; I write about a missionary.  She who loved me first!

Jeremy Jjemba
From Youth of Africa: Collected Poems by Jeremy Jjemba