Saturday, March 3, 2012

Saturday, March 3
Genesis 41:1-13
Psalms 55, 138, 139
1 Corinthians 4:1-7
Mark 2:23-3:6
The walk of faith by the Spirit’s filling isn’t mechanical.  Instead, it’s as if we’re saying:

I am in the process, Lord, of fulfilling your will.  I want to glorify Your name.  I belong to you.  I pledge my allegiance to You today.  Enable me in my walk to have discernment to walk in obedience and not in disobedience, to sense wrong when I encounter it and to sty away from it.  Keep me strong when temptations come.  Guard my tongue from saying the wrong thing or saying too much or speaking too quickly.  Enable me to restrain profanity and resist outbursts of anger.  Lord, help me in my walk.  Fill me with Your Spirit.  Take my eyes, take my tongue, take my emotions, take my will, and use me, Lord, because I want to be under Your control on a continuing basis.

This is called the Christian walk.

Taken from p. 82 of Chuck Swindoll’s “Flying Closer to the Flame.”  Word Publishers, 1993.

Lynn Mather