Monday, March 2, 2015

Saturday, February 28, 2015

Psalm 55
Deuteronomy 11: 18-28 
Hebrews 5: 1-10
John 4: 1-26
God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. (John 4:24 KJV)
Its who you are and the way you live that count before God. Your worship must engage your spirit in the pursuit of truth. Thats the kind of people the Father is out looking for: those who are simply and honestly themselves before him in their worship. God is sheer being itself—Spirit. Those who worship him must do it out of their very being, their spirits, their true selves, in adoration.(John 4:23-24 MSG)
There are many "New Years" for me. As an educator I get a new year in September and January, and as a Christian at Advent. I see my birthday in March as a new year beginning, Lent offers a time to begin again, and of course, the actual new year as well. With each of these New Years I set out to change. To be better, bigger, more fabulous than I was before. But not once have I ever felt that I succeeded, because as the next celebration rolled around, the bigger, better and more fabulous had become bigger, better and more fabulous.
The past year of New Years has been especially hard as I experienced many growing up pains, but through the battles I discovered why I could never attain the bigger, better and more fabulous. It's because I already am as big as I can be, the best that I can be and the most fabulous that I can be. I've been looking at myself through the perceived eyes of others--family, colleagues, friends, strangers on the street. When looking through those eyes I see many flaws that make me feel less than. I've discovered that when I see myself through the eyes of my Father, I am perfect. Perfect in imperfections, yes, but God doesn't hold our imperfections against us.
In reading the verses from John in the Message, I realized that God wants me to be me. To worship him as me, not as who I perceive others think I am. I am the person that God wants me to be and he loves the way my spirit worships him. God loves my Spirit. How amazing to hear that message!
Here's to living all of our "New Years" like we have already achieved the best, for we have, and focus on what's actually important, simply and honestly worshiping our Lord.
Krystal Weiss