Monday, March 30, 2015

Monday, March 30, 2015

Psalm 51
Jeremiah 12: 1-16
Philippians 3: 1-14
John 12: 9-19

Regret is a powerful thing, a cloud that can hang over our lives for years and years, long after forgiveness has been asked for and received. I often ask myself “how can Jesus love me when he knows the sins I have committed?” And he knows them all, not just the ones others have seen. This is a crisis of trust and shame; even though His forgiveness is part of our covenant with Him I am judging myself unworthy and therefore questioning His promise. This questioning can send us spiraling down even further, for now we are not just sinners; we are also weak in our Faith. It takes calm, patience, and discipline to cast aside our selfish misery. If we are asking for forgiveness, for peace from the torment caused by our sins, then we must be ready and willing to accept grace when it is offered. We must trust in Him that we are worthy and allow Him to bear that which we cannot.

Gardner Headrick