Saturday, March 22, 2014

God's Presence in My Heart


Saturday. March 22
Genesis 43:16-34
Psalms 23, 27, 75, 76
1 Corinthians 7:10-24
Mark 5:1-20
As I read my Lenten readings, these words literally jumped off the page and warmed my heart. I truly felt God’s presence in my heart. It is such a simple but beautiful reminder that the Bible is not just another book, but words written and inspired by God. The words reminded me of other times in my life of my family and friends; the verses also inspire me with things going on now. Reading the passages made me feel like I was having a good cup of coffee with my friend Jesus and he was sharing his thoughts on how he has been with me, my family and friends in the past and he is very much alive with me now.

I encourage you to continue reading your Lenten scriptures and see what Christ has to share with you.

Eleanor Sheldon
page19image25992
page19image26264