Tuesday, April 3, 2012

TUESDAY OF HOLY WEEK

Tuesday, April 3    
Lamentations 1:17-22
Psalms 6, 12, 94
2 Corinthians 1:8-22
Mark 11:27-33
 Psalm 6:4
“Turn, LORD, and deliver me;
save me because of your unfailing love.”

God is the King of the world and we are His.  Sometimes we forget who He is to us and where we stand in comparison to Him.  Jesus was questioned many, many times about who He was and who He was to tell us that there is a Lord and that He is the Messiah.  Was He questioned even after He performed miracles and helped thousands?  Yes.  Do we sometimes question or curse Him when something goes wrong?  How about that time you left for work/school late and then got stuck and traffic and your coffee spilled?  What about the time everyone else in your house used up all the hot water and you were stuck with a cold shower? God, just…just WHY would I get the cold shower…how come (so-and-so) took so long to finish up!?  What sin did I commit today to be cursed with this result??

When first reading these verses, another came to mind that I use in my prayers often.  “Be pleased, O LORD, to save me; O LORD, come quickly to help me.” (Psalm 40:13)  Multiple times in the Bible, we are reminded that the rules God gives us are the most important rules we are given. “…And I tell you, there is no greater commandment than this…” (Mark 12:31) Remember that?  I’m not really one to talk about following rules, but I know that this year, I’ll use this to my advantage.  I’m going to look new commands in the Bible up and put them into immediate affect.  Would you take that challenge with me in this season of Lent?  We’ll all be able to experience these new ways together as we change for the better! 

Laurel Brown