Saturday, December 24, 2011

CHRISTMAS EVE

Saturday, December 24 
Isaiah 59:15b-21
Psalms 45, 46, 89:1-29
Philippians 2:5-11
Matthew 1:18-25



Isaiah 59:21

And as for me, this is my covenant with them, says the Lord:
my spirit that is upon you, and my words that I have put in
your mouth, shall not depart out of your mouth, or out of the mouths of your children, or out of the mouths of your children’s children, says the Lord, from now on and for ever.

What a wonderful Christmas gift to those who believe in Christ and keep the Lord’s covenant – to have the His support in everything.  In one of our recent Sunday school classes I was struck by a most revealing statement – Heaven is full of sinners who believe that God has forgiven their sin, but those sinners who just cannot accept that are in a hell of their own making.  The covenant does not demand perfection just the acknowledgement that we are not but have been forgiven in our failures by Christ’s resurrection.

So today and tomorrow when we celebrate the Birth of the Savior let us also remember the covenant and the promise that the Spirit is always with us.

Virginia and John McGarvey